Sign Up Here for a Free White Paper On Essential Oils

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fall & Winter Creepy Crawly Pests

Do Creepy Crawlies Give You The Heebie Jeebies?

This fall, as it has gotten cold, the mice have decided to make our home theirs.  Well let me tell you, they are not welcome!  We have heard this from our neighbors as well.  I guess I can't blame them.  A nice warm house vs. snow, and freezing temps?  Good choice.

It also seems that our normal spider population increases as it gets cold.

Of course you can purchase traps, and rodent or insect repellents but of course those repellents are loaded with chemicals.  And I sure don't want to be looking at dead mice with bulging eyes!  Sorry for the visual there.  Our fat cat, Tigger really is not much help.  He is more of a lounger than a hunter.




 Young Living essential oils to the rescue.   Of course the oils are all natural with no harsh side affects.  
House mouse standing on rear feet
Mice: Our little visitors must have a route in our house.  We are finding them in our cupboard that holds all our pots and pains.  They are attracted to food.  Little crumbs, scraps, candy, and stored food. The worst thing possible is to find mouse droppings in your cupboard!  They will also chew on boxes, woodwork and even furniture.

Did you know mice do not like peppermint!   You can make an all natural peppermint spray with Young Living Peppermint Oil.  Mix together 2 cups water with 3 teaspoons of peppermint essential oil and spray it throughout your home. You can also saturate a rag or cotton balls and place them in areas you think the mice may be entering or where you find evidence of mice.



Here is the other great advantage, spiders also hate peppermint oil!  We have a lot of trees where we live and spiders can be a real problem.  We used to hire an expensive exterminator to come in and spray both inside and outside the house numerous times per year.  Not only was it expensive but again loaded with chemicals.  We have kids, dogs and a cat!  I didn't want them inhaling or getting into all those chemicals.

You can use the same mixture and spray windows, door frames etc. to deter those 8 legged nasties!


Peppermint oil is a real staple in our house.  We use it for many thing besides mice and spider!  Peppermint oil helps with concentration, head aches, stress, bad breath, muscle soreness and so much more.  Be sure that you only get the best peppermint oil.  Remember (I have told you this before) that the FDA does not regulate peppermint.  It is only required that 5% of the extract of the plant be in peppermint essential oils to label it as natural/organic.  Guess what the other 95% can be?  Fillers and chemicals.  If you find cheap oils at the grocery store, that is what they are CHEAP!  I only recommend 100% pure and natural Young Living Essential oils.

You can read about my story here Why I Chose Young Living.  Oh and here is a wonderful home recipe for whipped body butter that is amazing for that horrible winter dry skin...Whipped Peppermint Body Butter

Visit my website or ask me how to get these amazing Young Living oils for 24% off retail through a wholesale membership!   www.lorihanken.vibrantscents.com
If Spring ever comes back to MN - stay tuned for more posts about spring and summer pests!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment