Friday, July 27, 2018

BHAG's - Update - Day #11

Weight Loss is a funny thing.  When you have more than 10 or 20 pounds to lose it can seem overwhelming.   What happens for me?  I lose the first chunk of weight.  I feel great.  I can see it in my face   My clothes fit differently.  Then reality hits.   I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO!

It is easy to get frustrated.   It is easy to give up.   It is easy to say things like, "I'll never get there".

Yes I will.   I know I can do this.   What makes me even more excited is I am doing this on my own.   No fancy pills or shakes (all the shakes do is drop your calorie intake, so why wouldn't you just do that with whole foods?)

I have not wanted to share my goal because I guess I was embarrassed by how big that goal had become.  It meant I had let my emotions and other external factors affect my well being and affect my weight.

So, here it is...  My weight loss goal from my start date is 50lbs.   Ok.  I know there are people that have hundreds of pounds to lose.   I have HUGE respect for them.   But #THISISMYJOURNEY.

I have not given you the results of my 10 day juice cleanse.   I made it all 10 days and I didn't stray once!   That is a big goal for me.   Was it easy?   No.  Would I do it again?   Yes.  Actually, today I am on day 4 of another 5 days.  I will fill you in on the Chicago weekend a bit later.

But for now...   Here are the final 10 day results.

I have a long way to go.  For the naysayers and doubters out there.  I am 9 days since day 10 and I am continuing to lose weight.   I haven't gained it all back.  I am not passing out.  I took a weekend off and then today is day 5 of another 5 days.  I will post day 5 results tomorrow.

Let me just say, the gains (or losses in this case) far outweigh the challenges.

#IAMWORTHY, #THISISMYJOURNEY



No comments:

Post a Comment