Monday, July 16, 2018

Week One Results - Day 8

I know you have all been waiting with baited breath for my week one results.  Ha!   Seriously though, I was excited and anxious to measure this morning.  I know where the scale has been and have been pleased with that, but I know that the scale can be very misleading.  Here are a few reasons.
  1. If I even look at salt (ok that is a sight exaggeration) the scale will go up the next day.   
  2. I also know that I am not getting a ton of protein and that I can be burning muscle instead of fat.  I am ok with that right now.*  
  3. Plus, I know the first week can be a lot of water weight.

*Here is a great article that talks about muscle loss and how to avoid it during a juice.  I have been adding in the fruits and veggies that are high in amino acids to counteract this.   I am confident that I have not lost a lot of muscle in my 7 days.  https://www.livestrong.com/article/556855-solutions-to-minimize-loss-of-muscle-while-juice-fasting/

BUT, measurements don't lie.

So drum roll please.... (This feels really weird for some reason
to me to share this).

Pounds GONE FOREVER ----- 10.6

Inches Lost

Chest - 1.5"  (of course your boobs get smaller first)
Waist - 1"
Hips - 2"
Thigh - .5"
Calf - .5"

Total of 6.5"

I am very pleased! 

  • I do feel lighter.   
  • You can see it in my face.   
  • Our daughter came home from a weekend trip and said, "Mama you look skinnier".  
  • Clothes that were tight are a little bit looser.   
Now is the time for me to push through and keep on.   I know the results will start to slow down, but progress is progress.  There is no magic pill.  There is no quick fix.  This is a lifestyle change.

Every pound counts.   If you think that losing just one pound is not very much, take a look at this.

Improvements

Sleeping Better
Night Sweats Gone
More Clarity
More Energy
Inches Gone
Pounds Gone
Morning joint pain gone (foot and hip)

I am going to keep this short and sweet.  Lots to do at work today and lots of energy this morning to get it done!

This week, I am adding in more weight training to start building more muscle.   You know muscle burns more fat right?  SO BRING ON THE MUSCLES BABY!

When you exercise, you use muscle. This helps build muscle mass, and muscletissue burns more calories -- even when you're at rest -- than body fat. According to Wharton, 10 pounds of muscle would burn 50 calories in a day spent at rest, while 10 pounds of fat would burn 20 calories.May 11, 2007
I still have this Chicago trip coming up (maybe).   Working on a plan so I don't lose ANY progress.

#IAMWORTHY
#THISISMYJOURNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment