Monday, July 9, 2018

Day One! - Ready to Juice - Gratitude Journal

Ok, juicer is out, all my veggies are purchased.   I am actually excited to start.  We were scheduled to go to Notre Dame this weekend for a baseball tournament.   They ended up telling us our team was not going.  I love watching our son play baseball, but I am thankful it was cancelled.   That will give me a good 10 days to start this cleanse before we have to go to Chicago for another tournament.

I have done a short juice cleanse before and the hardest thing is the prep and planning.   Plus I just don't have room in my fridge!!!!  My amazing daughter Elsie is joining me on this journey, but I have to cook for the guys.   That might be a challenge!  No, I take that back.   I can do it.  I have learned a lot in the last couple of years of the benefits of positive language.  We will talk about that here as we go.  But if you catch me saying things like hard, can't, challenge.   Slap me up the side of the head.   Only positive words from now on.

If you decide to do a juice cleanse, see your doctor first to check out some vitals and get permission.   It also gives you great baselines to check when you complete your cleanse.  There are many juicers out there on the market.  This time I am using the Breville.   There are a LOT of them available for a reasonable price on Facebook Marketplace.   Don't, unless you want to, pay full retail for one.

For those of you that know me, you know we are an oily family.  I will be incorporating an oily regimine for clearing negative emotions.   I didn't believe at first in the emotional benefits of the oils, but I have seen many examples so I am incorporating all that into my life change.

I will share the first thing I am planning daily. 

1.  Listing 10 things each day in a Gratitude Journal.  My goal is to do that in the morning before heading to work.  Starting my day with an attitude of gratitude is going to do wonders for my outlook!   I will share my list with you occasionally.   This exercise does not have to be hard.  You can repeat things.   It can be as simple as the sound of a bird singing.   It can be sunshine, rain, wind rustling in the leaves.   You can be grateful for just about anything!

This is my journal cover.   Caption says, "It is the light that urges the flower to open its heart to the world."  I actually purchased it in 2011, but I did not really settle in with the process.    Today that changes.  

I did my gratitude list first thing.   I takes me about 5-10 minutes, but it really sets the tone for the day.

But then, something amazing happened to me this morning.  Normally I play some stupid card games or other games on my phone.   It is completely mindless activity.   That is the key right?   It is mindless.  There is NO VALUE in it.  It does nothing to make me a better person.  This morning I sat down to play my games and the first thing that jumped out at me was my Bible App.   I can't explain it any other way than the Holy Spirit guided me.   It was really that strong.

I have a number of devotional plans going at one time.   Today I found a new plan called The Good News in 10 Days by Richard Exley.   I know nothing about him or this plan, but I started this morning.   This was sort of a face palm moment.   I am starting the day in gratitude, but before I start in gratitude, I should start in PRAYER!  DUH!  10 day devotional to correspond with a 10 day juice cleanse.  Seemed appropriate to me.

Here is a link to the app.   It is free.   https://www.bible.com/   You can join me and follow along in the plan and we can share notes on each devotion.    I signed up with my Facebook account.  I am not sure how we connect, but I believe this is my profile.  https://www.bible.com/users/lhanken   I would love for people to join me in my daily devotions as well!

The day is going well.  No hunger, no headaches.   Two juices down.  I will make fresh for tonight.  I will let you know more about day one in tomorrow's post.

Thanks for taking this journey with me.  I am full of hope.

#THISISMYJOURNEY
#IAMWORTHY


No comments:

Post a Comment