Tuesday, July 10, 2018

I Had a Hunch - Day One Is In The Books - Day 2 Juice Cleanse

Holy cow.   I had a hunch that many other people, especially Moms, might be in the same boat as I am.   I HAD NO IDEA.   The outpouring from everyone, friends, family, and even strangers is AMAZING.  I have been told numerous stories from people that are fighting the same battles.   Long time weight issues, gaining weight after the death of a loved one and so much more.

I published my first post about this journey Sunday night about 8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.   As of noon Monday my post had over 1500 views.  This morning, the views are almost 1800!

Let's just think about that for moment.   In my small circle of influence almost 1800 people read my post.   Now, I would love to think that it was my amazing writing capabilities, my fabulous wit and wisdom, but I highly doubt it.

What it says to me, is that many people have similar issues!  What I know is that every person has what it takes inside them to do something about it.

So, what do I do with that information?   I am not completely sure yet.   I can tell you it has my  mind spinning.   I said to David, my husband, what if I could help even 1% of those 1800?  What if we could create community and do this together.  What if we could do it without all the hype, products, etc?   How AMAZING would that be?  What if we could make the world a little bit better place for people?

Cleanse Update

I took all my measurements yesterday and scale weight.   I will share my progress at the end of the 10 days in pounds and inches lost.   I do not have the ability to do body fat analysis and it is just a number to me.   If I feel good, that is enough for me.

Elsie had a pretty bad headache and slept a lot last night.  She woke up again this morning with a headache.   I will write more about this tomorrow.   I truly believe this is a sugar detox for her.  She doesn't eat a lot of sugar due to her intestinal issues, but before we started the cleanse she had quite a bit.

Yesterday afternoon, between 3 and 4, I just wanted to sleep.   Tiny headache but not a big one.   I know I did not drink enough water yesterday.  I was hungry, but it was not unbearable.

Improvements

I am post menopausal, but I still suffer from night sweats.   I believe the night sweats are more a function of toxins in my body and the extra weight I am carrying.  Last night's night sweats were VERY minimal and I really felt that I slept better and felt more rested this morning.

Self Discovery!

I made egg rolls for David for dinner last night and I learned something about myself.  I eat because it is there, not because I am hungry.   When I get home from work, I would usually eat something.   That something would most likely NOT have been fruits or veggies.   Also while cooking, I tend to munch on what I am preparing.  These are good things for me to learn, because it is about habits and making the habits healthy not destructive.

Exercise

I have not yet resumed my exercise routine.   I do have my workout clothes here at the office with me this morning and we are going to the gym this afternoon.

#THISISMYJOURNEY
#IAMWORTHY

No comments:

Post a Comment