Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Forgiveness - Day #10 - Did You See How Fat She Is? - Part Deux

Forgiveness has a release and a lightness that goes with it.  Holding on to anger, hurt and hatred takes a lot of negative energy.   PLUS, it is not what Jesus wants us to do. 

If you have been following my journey, you know some pretty hurtful words were said about me.    A series of events including this one propelled me to make a change and make it BIG.

Another one of those events that I have not shared is when we were in Arizona for a baseball tournament.   It was just our son and me on that trip.  The weather was beautiful.  A couple of younger and much more fit Mom's were going to go hiking.  I chose to say no.  I knew I would hold them back and didn't want to do that.  Others sat by the pool.  I chose to not go to the pool because I was embarrassed of my body.  I was absolutely wallowing in misery and self pity.  Pretty pathetic.   Here I was in all this beauty and I sat in my room and worked, and read, by myself.

Notice that I used the word 'chose'.   I wasn't forced.  I chose to be miserable.   Joy, contentment, happiness?   Those are all choices too.

That trip was a real turning point for me.   Our daughter was still fighting a serious illness so it wasn't time for me to act.   But it was always there.  The desire to change it.

Long story short.   I forgive myself for wallowing in self-pity, for not caring for myself and for letting myself get to the place I was.   I forgive the person that said those words to me.  I will say again, they define her, not me.   I feel a lightness.  No pun intended.  This lightness is in my heart.  Before you say something negative about someone, look in your heart to see why you are saying it?   Are you hurt or angry and need to lash out at someone else?   It really doesn't make you feel better.

Most importantly, if you hear a friend or someone else say something like that about someone else, tell them, "THAT IS NOT OK!!!!!!!"  Trust me, if they are talking like that about someone behind their back, most likely they talk about you behind your back too.   TELL THEM - NO!

I know that was kind of a random thought sequence right there.  Welcome to my brain.

For me, I FORGIVE MYSELF AND I FORGIVE YOU.

This is the last day of this juice only juice cleanse.   I feel great.   I still have a journey ahead of me and the next 4 days present a great challenge to me that I am ready to take on.

I will weigh and measure in the morning before heading to the gym.  Thanks for following along.  Stay if you want.   My journey is not over.

#THISISMYJOURNEY
#IAMWORTHY

No comments:

Post a Comment